Position can be based in any US city but must be near major airport.
This position assists with the most complex ships automation systems for Enterprise Zone automation designs using company tools and operating protocols. This is a non-office-based position reporting to the Engineering Operations Manager. May require occasional travel to job locations for; Site job walks, Engineering Turnovers, PACT meetings.
• Receives project specifications from Sales Team and design ships automation systems and service installed jobs.
• Reviews specifications and provides CDE (Conform, Deviate, or Exception) markups for the project.
• Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
• Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to Operations.
• Provides guidance with the ordering of all required products and equipment.
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• Participates in Sales to Operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or customer.
• Designs ships automation systems for large and/or complex ships consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly large complex ships automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2, or BACNET.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• Works with the job specific Branch office with development of the DDC point database on all projects.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation for BIM360 Field to the Project Manager and System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate Sales and Management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Oversees the creation of system graphics.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information.
• Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
• May perform some field activities as required.
• Performs design reviews with peers and other Engineers within the team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree required
• 1-2 years engineering/systems or related experience
• Strong knowledge of Industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, and other engineering software
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally uninhibited.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 180201
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.