Siemens Healthineers is the world’s
largest supplier of healthcare infrastructure and a world leader in most of its
businesses, including medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics. Siemens
Healthineers offers its customers products and solutions for the entire range
of patient care from a single source – from prevention and early detection to
diagnosis, through treatment and aftercare.
In fact, greater than 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced
by the types of technology we provide, reaching nearly 240,000 patient touch
points every hour of every day. Siemens
Healthineers is also actively developing its enterprise services, which
incorporate managed equipment services,
consulting and sophisticated software solutions, including artificial
intelligence. To help customers succeed
in today's dynamic healthcare marketplace, Siemens Healthineers is championing
new business models designed to maximize opportunity and minimize risk for
healthcare providers, including value-based risk sharing arrangements.
In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €13.4 billion and profit of €2.3 billion and has about 50,000 employees worldwide. Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. conducts Siemens Heathineers’ go-to-market activities in North America.
The Counsel – Enterprise Services plays a critical role in providing timely and effective legal support to the Enterprise Services NAM organization, as well as the broader Siemens Healthineers organization. In doing so, the Counsel will, among other things, negotiate and draft complex, commercial agreements regarding the integrated sale of highly-complex medical devices and related products, consulting and staffing services and digital health solutions and advise on related regulatory and risk management matters in NAM, and principally the U.S. The Counsel – Enterprise Services will report directly to the Vice President, Legal – Operational Services and Solutions.
Essential Job Functions
· Closely collaborate with colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers enterprise services offerings (including in the development of new offerings), which incorporate imaging broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices, maintenance services, consulting services, education and staffing solutions and on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
· Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including sales, outsourcing, joint development, licensing, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals, which not infrequently involves innovating the nature and terms of contracting within the U.S. healthcare environments.
· Collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, and other departments to analyze business, regulatory and legal contract terms.
· Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
· Actively counsel the senior sales and field finance staff members (as well as executive leadership) on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
· Prepare and conduct training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
· Develop creative and compliant solutions to resolve intricate business challenges and complex customer disputes.
· Educate and guide business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
· Negotiate with key customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and, occasionally, government agencies.
· Provide ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
· Cooperate across corporate business units and departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to timely achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging and intricate engagements and do so with highest integrity and ethics – from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, negotiating, drafting, closing, and any subsequent conflict resolution.
· Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executive leadership within a global and matrixed organization and with senior management of key customers.
· Expertise in U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment.
· Fluency with the various regulatory environments, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to Siemens Healthineers as a medical device manufacturer, as well as those applicable to its customers.
· Experience with outsourcing, M&A or other multi-disciplinary, intricate/complex contracts is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively and efficiently with multiple teams simultaneously, some of whom may be located outside of the U.S.
· Proven ability to identify and initiate needed actions and follow-up.
· Innovation in design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever-evolving business objectives and to address emerging market demands.
· Experience with monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, from time-to-time, internationally.
· Minimum of 7 years of corporate and commercial law experience in a well-regarded law firm or in-house legal department with a respected healthcare company.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to calmly prioritize and execute tasks and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment.
· U.S. law degree (J.D.) required.
· Admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
Job ID: 180216
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.