Siemens is looking for a Inside Sales Engineer to support sales engineers in the local and surrounding area of the San Diego market. This person will report to the Area Sales Manager and have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
The ideal candidate would have the desire and capability to eventually move into a sales position:
• Prospecting, developing and expanding new business.
• Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of accounts in a focused market
• Ability to manage, develop and expand customer relationships.
Job Market Responsibilities include:
- Support the regional outside sales effort in the construction market.
- Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of small accounts in the focused markets.
-Supporting Order Entry and Handover process responsibilities.
-Developing internal process improvements in sales cycle.
-Managing, developing, and expanding customer relationships.
-Post sale order management / change order management.
-Technical liaison between customer and business unit.
-Prospecting, developing, and expanding new business.
-Assist Sales Engineers with project proposal preparation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. High School Diploma/GED required bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or related) or Business or Marketing preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret electrical consultant plans and specification documents.
3. Ability to effectively work with a wide range of customers, both internal and external.
4. Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications shows the discipline and willingness to work with our proprietary web-based enterprise systems.
6. Must be willing and available to travel for company training, business unit meetings and territory support
7. Ability to effectively multi-task.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Electrical Industry sales experience.
2. Contractor/Distributor work experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 180224
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.