Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety and improve traffic flows. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles. Many signature customers across the US like Seattle, New York City or Tampa believe in us. While ITS prides itself in being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere. Come join us, if this is what you are looking for!
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility ITS is seeking to hire an expert Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Austin, TX. In this role, you will have the responsibility for the financial success of service contracts and projects in close cooperation with service account managers (SAM) and project managers (PM) as well as financial monitoring and performance of service profitability.
- Service contract cost controlling which includes reporting current, accurate and complete margin information. Ensure that financial data is in line with internal and external regulations and guidelines such as Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines or US GAAP.
- Continuous monitoring of Service Projects and Contracts in terms of cost (labor hours, material confirmation, fleet cost), billings and Gross Margin performance against plan.
- Service contract/project forecasting which includes, but is not limited to, providing transparent and reliable financial data (e.g. revenue, sales, billings, payments) and projection of sales pipeline.
- Cost center controlling of area budgets, monitoring of costs and preparation of cost center plans.
- Support collections of outstanding A/R and identify risks/claim strategies and work with SAM to continuously improve Service contract performance.
- Preparation of monthly performance review meetings with senior management.
- Review and approve invoices for billing accuracy and ensure proper supporting documents are provided timely and accurately
- Review of job information prior to closure (invoicing, outstanding A/R/PO commitments, WIP, UBR)
- Support bids from a commercial point of view.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and Accounting field or related degree is required
- Strong experience in forecasting
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
- Intermediate SAP/Spiridon experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
Preferred Knowledge/Skill, Experience, and Education:
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles
- Prior experience in field/service operations or traffic industry background preferred
- Siemens CPM certification or equivalent a plus
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180236
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.