As a Senior Systems Engineer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be responsible for crafting the future by leading project delivery and execution in the domain of integrated customer solutions that support our nation’s infrastructure. These systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will shape the product features of highly complex and distributed traffic management systems, integrating hardware and software for the most innovative and the highest quality products based on customer project requirements. You will have the chance to define your experience in the ITS market while developing leading edge solutions while contributing to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times in everyday traffic situations.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Requirements engineering for customer project requirements and mapping to product features
- System & solution design using validated architecture patterns and existing products
- Design a tailored customer ITS system based on RFP, project, and technical requirements
- Technical evaluation of RFPs and develop written proposals for the technical solution approach
- System Network Design, system acceptance testing, and system Installation & Commissioning
- Design and engineer ITS systems down to detail with software architects and senior software engineers to satisfy identified key customer requirements
- Define the products, components and subsystems to be used and their concrete characteristics
- Improve and refine the development strategy based on the product roadmap and goals
- Work with customer project manager to ensure complete and on-schedule project delivery
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Lead by example and excel with a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline.
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience and impact as systems and solutions engineer
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience and results developing and engineering HW/SW solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge about software architecture paradigms, design patterns, distributed systems, middleware concepts, databases, networking, cloud computing, and embedded systems.
- Proven ability leading customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, actively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, encouraging collaboration with developers, testers, and partners
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- Experience in the domain of smart cities or traffic management
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180241
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.