As a Software Developer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be responsible for crafting the future of mobility by contributing to a R&D team in the domain of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) that support our nation’s infrastructure. These customer-facing distributed systems support connected devices and vehicles such as traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, or detectors while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will join an agile software team that is primarily dedicated to developing a custom ATMS solution for a long-term Siemens ITS customer. You will participate in solving real-world problems, building innovative yet reliable software and system solutions. You will have the chance to define your experience in the ITS market while developing quality software solutions, contributing to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times in everyday traffic situations.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Combine customers' expectations, standard specifications, and development constraints
- Translate customer and business requirements into technical specifications and implement
- Innovate the distributed architecture and system topology to meet future requirements
- Develop the ATMS code base and development infrastructure, ensuring high-quality results
- Improve and refine the development approach based on the product roadmap and goals
- Improve the integration and simulation environment and increase test depth pre-deployment
- Drive the professional planning, estimating, and executing of work packages
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Lead by example and excel with a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS in Software Engineering or related STEM discipline.
- 5+ years of proven experience and impact developing customer-facing SW in a team setting
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience and expert proficiency developing in C++ and C#/.NET
- Demonstrable understanding of agile methods, requirements engineering, SW architecture, design patterns, object-oriented development, test-driven development, integration and system testing
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, actively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, encouraging collaboration with developers, testers, and partners
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
Demonstrable understanding of:
- UI/UX development and WPF, MVVM expertise
· Client-server systems and distributed systems
- XML and related technologies
-Database design and MSSQL
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180245
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.