Mobility in the United States is in forefront of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs.
We at ITS help make public agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment, an opportunity is available for a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas! Additional locations may include: Billerica, MA, Columbus, OH, Tampa, FL, Miami, FL, Riverside, CA. We could also accommodate a remote office with 50% travel to the project sites.
Siemens ITS is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to execute complex projects in ATMS and V2I projects across the nation. This vital role will support existing solutions install base for ATMS projects and guide Siemens’ resources to execute business strategy and meet customer satisfaction and business goals.
In this role, you will be a domain expert focusing on ATMS and Smart Cities solutions - including how ATMS interfaces with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control activities. You will lead project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing complex projects on time and in budget. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying standard methodologies in the ITS industry, leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Software Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- PMP certification, PMI
- 7-10 years of experience in ITS industry working for Engineering consultants
- Overview of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, claims, internal staffing, vendors, and contractual deliverables
- 30% travel within the U.S
- Full P&L responsibility to implement ITS projects and programs on time and in budget
- Lead project teams and direct domain experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with customers on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Professional and eloquent communication with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and engineering consultants
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to project acceptance and closure
- Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in expedited manner and with the highest quality
- Work with different departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) to develop and qualify bids and proposals - Present management with recommendations for improving volume, market share and price
- Review RFP's for feasibility and profitability - understand customer needs and match them with Siemens’ value proposition and USPs
- Generate offers, bids, proposals, contracts and other sales-related documents required by customers for products, solutions and services
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180250
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.