Our diverse Rail Automation R&D team is looking to add to their team and we'd love to have you apply! In this role, you will lead, guide, coach and motivate the team to enable, support and carry out an appropriate implementation, quality assurance, test, maintenance and evolution of the software designed, even in the face of meaningful, changing and evolving business cases, requirements, realization technologies and other efforts (e.g., strategic changes approaching the project).
Success will be measured by ensuring that the design satisfies all partner requirements, allocates the various requirements to specific subsystem/components, ensure compliance with high-level decisions and monitors implementation to reduce architectural drift. You will have an overall understanding of the business and ensure that design decisions made with regards to the product align with the overall business goals.
This Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership to the team, collaborators and customers with respect to state-of-the-art software and system architecture methods, tools and trends.
- Ensures the implemented product adheres to the architecture and decisions made around the architecture
- Is responsible for the non-functional aspects of the product, ensuring it meets all requirements
- Know of each phase of the lifecycle and be able to successfully lead and coach team members during each phase
- Guides complex design, maintenance, improvement, testing, implementation, and support of software.
- Guides the development of software test requirements for modules under development, executes test specifications, and estimates own work
- Guides reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
- Develops presentations of technical findings and developments.
- Guides the software quality process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
- Applies advanced skills to problem solve not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or multi-functional problems.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of software engineering to the successful completion of complex assignments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical or Software) or Computer Science.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of software engineering.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Validated capability to improve SW development/ to support the setup of new development teams
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced Degree preferred, Masters, PhD, or MBA. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience.
- Confirmed capability to mentor SW development and the use of development tools sets
- Very experienced with C/C++/ Java and various operating systems
- Technical knowledge signaling, operations concepts in rail industry, rail products
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Embedded Control Systems design & development
- Experience with Safety critical/Vital systems
- Quality assurance, testing, test automation, verification, validation
- Requirements engineering
- System/ Software architecture
- Standards, process and methods for safety critical hardware
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180254
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.