Siemens Mobility supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
We are seeking to hire a Senior System Engineer to support our Rail Automation business. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for requirements engineering, system-level design specification, system integration, and system validation activities in customer projects. Ideally, we are looking for practical experience with Block Design and Verification, Safe Braking Models, and Runtime/Headway analyses.
- Development and management of system-level and subsystem-level requirements including traceability to design and validation
- Design specification and management for wayside, signal, and grade crossing systems
- Development of detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit
- Prepare System Engineering estimates for customer RFP and Bid projects
- Engage with the customer during the entire project lifecycle
- Collaborate across all functional units with the Siemens organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, physics, or similar degree.
- 5+ years experience as a system engineer, signal engineer, or similar role
- Practical experience executing and governing system-level railway designs such as: Block Design and verification, R&A Charts, Safe Braking Models.
- Practical experience with CTC, ATP, PTC, CBTC, or similar type microprocessor-based railway systems
- Working knowledge of railway standards such as AREMA, CENELEC, 49 CFR
- Approximately 15% travel for customer meetings or on-site activities
- The ability to work independently and in a leadership role in a group setting.
- Strong Communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180256
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.