Come and join the Siemens Mobility team who provides innovative components for traction applications! The smart answer to the threat of traffic congestion on our highways and in our urban centers is to relieve them with intelligent railway transportation – from trams and undergrounds to regional and local trains, high-speed expresses and long-distance travel wagons and locomotives. Intelligent in this case means they must be safe, highly available, efficient and at the same time protect the environment.
Rail drive systems from Siemens Mobility make the proactive difference, with innovative solutions like the use of silicon carbide or permanently magnetized motors, and, as such, already provide the greatest mobility in and around the megacities of tomorrow.
With a fleet of over 90,000 motors in operation worldwide, our customers will feel the smoothest ride utilizing our motors with 100% product checks before delivery for the highest quality and reliability standards!
We are looking for you to fill our Factory Quality Engineer position to lead all aspects of Quality Process Management, Quality Program Improvements and Strategic support while balancing Corrective Actions and Customer issues. You will also provide training on quality topics while providing support for manufacturing (control of non-conforming product, quality holds, and problem solving) through new product and project introductions.
1. Customer Complaint Handling and Field Quality – Lead complaint handling process, containment activities. Lead corrective/ preventive action teams using structured problem-solving methods. Effectively communicate with customers and technical authorities to solve complex problems. Analyze field failure data trends, generate reports and corrective actions. Create reports in a professional manner that can be presented to customers and top management.
2. Quality Process Management, Quality Program Improvements and Strategic Support- Lead internal quality audits to ISO 9001 standard, report results and facilitate corrective action. Lead projects to improve quality processes. Create and update quality procedures.
3. Quality Planning for New Product Introductions, Lead and facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning activities with multi-functional team members. Prepare/execute PFMEA’s, Control Plans, First Article Inspections, APQP Checklists and implement control methods in Manufacturing.
4. Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Reporting, Analysis, Controlling & Target Achievement- Quality metric reporting, analysis, driving subsequent countermeasures and preventive action.
5. Quality Support for Manufacturing- Support nonconforming product activities, quality holds, containment, identification, segregation, traceability, investigations, communication and problem solving. Provide advanced support/ guidance to production teams in the use of quality/ lean tools (PFMEA, statistical analysis, Poke Yoka, corrective action (8D), value stream map). Communicate with technical experts to support shop floor with complex problems. (Engineering, Product Managers, etc.)
6. Providing Training on Quality Topics - Identify training needs/deficiencies affecting quality within the organization. Train others on quality concepts, systems, control methods and problem-solving tools.
- 2-5 years in a Quality Engineering role
- BS Degree in Engineering
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer/Auditor (preferred)
- Certified Lead Auditor preferred
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
Job ID: 180258
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.