Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years and is constantly developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services. With digitization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators around the world to make their infrastructure intelligent, ensure sustainable value enhancement over the entire life cycle, improve passenger comfort and guarantee availability.
As a Project Manager – SCM Digitalization within Supply Chain Management/Logistics, you will be responsible for the execution of innovative and strategic initiatives on Supply Chain and Logistics tools across the Mobility businesses in North America. You will collaborate with all cross-functional areas to enhance business efficiency and contribute to our end customers. Expected 25% travel to both domestic (Sacramento, Portland, New York, Pittsburgh, West Palm Beach, Atlanta) and international (Germany) Siemens Mobility offices as you will present your process optimization proposals to the business.
Your area of responsibility:
- Drive implementation of Siemens core Supply Chain applications (AX4, VMI tools – e.g. Jonas, SupplyOn, Dash, DIM) across Siemens Mobility to improve net working capital, material availability and productivity
- Collaborate with the Business Units on new digitalization initiatives according to their business models
- Act as an acknowledged authority in questions of Supply Chain digitalization processes
- Utilize available tools to provide transparency on key performance indicators (e.g. supplier on-time delivery, lead times) and derive optimization potentials for improved business performance
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (carriers, factories, vendors, Siemens internal network) in order to drive measurable excellence with the relevant Supply Chain / Logistics critical metrics and provide user training and application support
- Influence all our business structures (products, projects, & services) to accommodate standard as well as non-standard models
Your education, experience and know-how:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics required; Master’s degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in SCM analytics, SQL and MS Office applications
- Professional Supply Chain certification preferred (e.g. APICS)
- Deep understanding of material management processes (lean principles) and end to end Logistics concepts to drive successful implementation of business applications and tools
- Project management experience and strong analytical attitude
- Passionate and proactive to achieve goals and contribute to business success
- Must be innovative, creative and willing to share and explore new ideas
- Needs to be flexible to adjust and thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Must be able to communicate clearly on proposals and ideas to non-technical associates, peers, and management for further execution
- Comfortable organizing and executing workshops; proven presentation skills
- Knowledgeable on Supply Chain / Logistics digitalization tools and trends in the market
Job ID: 180259
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.