Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years and is constantly developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services. With digitization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators around the world to make their infrastructure intelligent, ensure sustainable value enhancement over the entire life cycle, improve passenger comfort and guarantee availability.
As a Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist within Supply Chain Management / Logistics, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of sustainable Supply Chain concepts from Source to Deliver processes across Siemens Mobility in North America. You will work closely with our factories to optimize our material flow, transportation models and freight payment strategy.
In this role, you will utilize your analytical attitude to drive optimization projects on transportation management in close collaboration with the Mobility business units, negotiate carrier rates to select the best-cost service providers for our business needs, and provide qualified estimates of logistics costs for specific project related enquiries from the business.
Your area of responsibility:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (carriers, factories, vendors, Siemens network) in order to drive towards measurable excellence with relevant Supply Chain / Logistics KPIs
- Identify key Supply Chain risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damages/exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management
- Act as acknowledged authority in questions of Supply Chain strategy to ensure cross-functional efficiency
- Drive freight payment strategy and develop efficient freight payment processes across Siemens Mobility
- Observe global transportation market trends and assist in incorporating new service providers and/or technologies into the Logistics portfolio
- Provide strategic support to Business Units on warehouse related requirements (e.g. layouts, equipment, tools, process improvements)
Your education, experience and know-how:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Logistics and transportation industry
- Deep understanding of domestic and international transportation modes, including complex rail and heavy haul transportation
- Detailed knowledge of commercial terms, regulations, instruments and safety standards associated with Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- Project management experience and strong analytical mindset
- Passionate and self-motivated to achieve goals and contribute to business success
- Must be innovative, creative and willing to share and explore new ideas
- Needs to be flexible to adjust and thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Must be able to communicate clearly on proposals and ideas to non-technical associates, peers, and management for further execution
- Comfortable organizing and executing workshops; proven presentation skills
- Expected travel ~30%
Job ID: 180260
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.