Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a global leader in keeping traffic moving around the world, with thousands of mobility professionals worldwide. We imagine, develop, and build some of the most innovative products in the world to support the movement of traffic. Some are regionally specific, while others bring together teams of individuals to meet this challenge on a global scale.
As a Senior Product Manager at Siemens ITS, you will be helping to shape our product portfolio as a product manager of our traffic control products for North America. You will help to guide the success of these products throughout the entire product life cycle, from inception to end-of-life. To meet this challenge, you will need the ability to understand the complex needs of the managing agencies, forge supporting relationships in the industry, and compose that into strategy that can be communicated to the innovators and developers that will bring it to reality. You will be part of the US-based business for Siemens ITS global, while being a member of the global Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) team for Siemens ITS worldwide.
At Siemens we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS, we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making the products that help traffic flow safely and efficiently!
- Champion and lead the product lifecycle end-to-end, ensuring new and existing product success
- Clarify customer requirements, prioritize needs and define improvements for key product features
- Drive the product roadmap, balancing key innovations and improvements to current functionality
- Develop the product and service strategy including new pricing models to meet financial targets
- Conquer and win opportunities with regional distributors and Siemens’ sales and marketing team
- Define key future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Act as a key authority and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes, supporting the Siemens Global PLM initiatives and ensure continuity with the global product portfolio
- Responsibility for product budget - ensure that the R&D projects are implemented in terms of cost and time with the stipulated functionality and quality
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in STEM or related discipline; Master's preferred
- PE Certification preferred
- 8+ years of proven experience and impact working with products and services
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience of key responsibilities and results as product manager
- Experienced in traffic control, traffic management methodologies, and business principals; experience in the smart cities or traffic management domains preferred
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, actively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with product owners and partners
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180261
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.