Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to add to our diverse team in Pittsburgh and we're looking for you! If you have the skills to own the application and development processes to analyze, design, troubleshoot, implement and improve hardware systems for the rail industry specifically with carborne products such as ATC, ATO and ACSES, we'd love for you to apply!
The position requires the use of analytical theories and methodologies to investigate, analyze, design, document, improve, implement and maintain these systems. The ability to perform maintenance, enhancement, testing and support of existing hardware is required. You will complete design, development, testing, and modification of new hardware systems. The position requires the completion of technical writings and independently performing a full range of standard work related to the professional field. This position requires the application of problem-solving skills in order to take care of situations that arise.
- Provide technical support to review specifications and other documentation to determine system hardware engineering requirements during bids and proposals.
- Design and engineer technical solutions down to the detail necessary to satisfy the specific requirements of the contract, implementing hardware solutions while adhering to manufacturing capabilities and maintain schedule, cost and quality.
- Complete estimates for task durations.
- Provide high level design directions to a project engineering team.
- Communicate with all engineering disciplines to efficiently direct the project team.
- Build project technical documentation, system level drawings and functional descriptions to satisfy the project requirements.
- Provide a technical interface to the customer which results in efficient, safe and reliable project solutions.
- Negotiate technical solutions that meet the customer specification while minimizing the cost impact on the company.
- Identify when to use or adapt existing components where possible to meet new system design requirements.
- Effectively interface internally with manufacturing, procurement and logistics.
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of using existing, higher unit cost, designs for low quantity orders as opposed to crafting new, lower unit cost, designs for high quantity orders in order to meet design to cost initiatives.
- Perform the quality process by the rigorous and detailed execution of module, sub-system and system test procedures
- Identify and lead troubleshooting efforts regarding internal design failures as well as system integration issues during field testing.
- Provide functional advice and mentorship to colleagues and customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSEE or BSEET
- 8-10 Years of Related Experience
- Design and application of carborne products including ATC, ATO and ACSES.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a leadership role in a group setting.
- Strong Communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with CFR Title 49 part 236.
- Knowledge of environmental testing requirements specific to the rail industry.
Job ID: 180262
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.