Bid Manager – Austin, TX
As agencies start to plan and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure they are struggling to handle existing assets: highways, intersections, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot-spots for congestion. Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution and Siemens is leading the way to seamless mobility!
Siemens ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) transformative approach to urban transportation combines existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. We are also working on projects related to Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our growing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this role, you will be handling bids and proposals from customer’s initial interest to the handover of the awarded project to the execution team. Leading a team of subject matter experts, you apply your comprehensive project management skills to craft a winning proposal that exceeds customer expectations.
You will be responsible for balancing an opportunity from qualification to contract award, including value proposition/strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management. This is a highly networked role that requires your ability to work under pressure, to meet challenging deadlines, and to apply strong people management and commercial skills.
We are looking for someone who has confirmed capability in delivering winning, multi-million-dollar project opportunities and who is comfortable working with a wide range of partners. You will have the ability to run complex, multi-workstream opportunities utilizing Siemens detailed knowledge. This exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Senior Bid Manager (Proposal/Capture Manager) to join our growing team in Austin, Texas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Traffic, Software or Electrical engineering with related work experience. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 8 years of experience in a project and bid environment within a corporate context required. Experience in US infrastructure and governmental (RFP) projects highly preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems
- Highly structured with attention to detail, extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills
- PMP certification, PMI preferred
- Support sales and senior management in developing opportunities
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Lead virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of partners, typically involving contributions from Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance and Commercial, Legal and Project Management
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer; manage budget throughout project
- Adhere to defined PM@Siemens standards, lead and coordinate all temporarily assigned project staff
- Handle risk and the execution throughout the bid process
- Contribute to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Prepare and deliver smaller bids with minimal supervision
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Establish and maintain key targets and performance indicators to measure and control bid projects and contribute to continuous improvement and knowledge sharing
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Be an excellent communicator, to liaise with both internal and external clients
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project achievement meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to final project acceptance
- Develop a complete understanding of the requirements of the customer and how to best address them and match them with the Siemens value proposition and unusual selling points
- Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in expedited manner and with the highest quality
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180266
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.