Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions!
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our project team in the Miami, Florida area. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in progressively responsible positions in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget. Ideal candidates will have experience working on Florida projects, project controls (cost and risk management) methods for construction, claims management, commissioning and integration.
We're seeking a domain expert focusing on ATMS and Smart Cities solutions - including ATMS that interfaces with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control. You will be responsible for leading project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing the project on time and in budget.
The role requires a consistent track record of solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
This position is contingent upon final contract award.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred with specialization in ITS
- PMP certification, PMI
- 10 years of experience in ITS industry developing concepts and delivering complex projects with outstanding customer satisfaction
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is helpful
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Overview of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements and PM@Siemens guidelines on time, within budget and in line with required quality
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with customers on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Performs detailed planning of the work packages, the resources needed and time schedule. Organizes and supervises the interface, requirements and configuration management
- Ensures compliance with regards to technical, deadlines, commercial and qualitative project targets in consideration of guidelines
- Defines the technical measurement criteria and control factors for the project
- Identifies early deviations in the project and problem causes and proposes sustainable solutions
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with vendors, subcontractors, engineering consultants and customers
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from project start to final project acceptance
- Drive all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in expedited manner and with the highest quality
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Technical Project Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180267
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.