As a SDET at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be responsible for crafting the future by leading test automation efforts in the domain of embedded systems that support our nation’s infrastructure. These systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road-side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will join an established test team that is dedicated to controller and backend software testing and bringing innovative and high-quality products to market. You will have the chance to define your experience in the ITS market, while developing leading edge solutions at the same time – while working to protect drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Pioneer and develop test automation, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of results
- Build DevOps for continuous build, test, and deployment, using state-of-the-art technology
- Innovate testing methods and quality assurance procedures for embedded systems
- Develop and refine a test strategy based on the product roadmap and test goals
- Develop automation important metrics to measure, track, and optimize test and team performance
- Lead by example and excel with a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- 2+ years of proven experience and impact in automation development in a team context
- Proficiency in Python or a comparable test automation scripting language
- Demonstrable understanding of agile methods, requirements engineering, automation design patterns, object-oriented development, test-driven development, integration and system testing
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, aggressively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches, concepts, and improvements
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with engineers and partners
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Development experience in C++, C#/.NET and related technologies
- Familiarity with modern DevOps, versioning tools, build pipelines, and UI testing automation
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180276
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.