Siemens Mobility, Inc. supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
You will be part of a team that designs and supports the Siemens vision for North American Rail Automation as a Technical Project Specialist with our Movement Planner Projects. Siemens has been crafting the landscape of the rail transportation industry for decades. Our global technology will be used as a backbone for future technological advancements that will lead to an autonomous rail network in North America.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Systems integrators design, build, synthesize and implement technological applications that are customized to meet an organization’s needs. Together with professionals in the engineering department, systems integrators test and authenticate software to determine suitability before integration at the customer site. Additionally, this role will own defect remediation and triage of all non-critical or urgent defects on site at the customer location in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Adhere to quality expectations and necessary processes.
- Participate in customer user acceptance testing.
- Participates in creating and updating epics and stories.
Ensure all project milestones and timelines are met and report all issues/problems/progress to the program manager.
Manage the on-site customer relationship.
- Participates in the preparation, installation, and automation of complex test systems.
- Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of project lifecycle to understand products, customer requirements and system interfaces.
- Supports systems analysis, systems and/or product validation and verification from a test system standpoint.
- Implements system enhancements and report on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products under direct supervision.
- Able to acquire a broad understanding of the function, department, and business by cross-training and supporting other roles, as requested.
- Properly raise unresolved issues to appropriate teams
- Plan and work with the team on building test strategy for upcoming releases
- Work with team on moving towards automation of testing and test environment improvements
- Should be able to support on-call rotation (24/7)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Ideal candidate will have 8+ years of system development, integration, and test experience working on large projects as part of a development and/or testing team.
- Experience in defect management
- Experience in continuous integration and test
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principals and terms.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux including bash scripting, administration, and problem solving
- Experience with VMware Workstation & ESXi or other hypervisors
- Ideal candidate has at least 5 years writing software test solutions using C++, python, perl, or similar
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel is required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Railroad operational knowledge is a huge plus
- Experience in AGILE Scrum Projects
- Experience with software development and/or testing on international large-scale projects
- Experience using one or more source control systems such as ClearCase or GIT.
- Experience with model-based testing.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with train control systems or similar industrial systems
- Knowledge of defect management systems such as ClearCase, ClearQuest and/or others.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader of Technology and Engineering! At Siemens, you will have the opportunity to work with groundbreaking technologies like AWS(featured AWS partner) and open source(ELK stack/Elastisearch/Kibana, Ansible and Cassandra).
Apply now to challenge yourself and work with an outstanding global technical team, developing software to address the Railroad’s most challenging problems of today and tomorrow!
Job ID: 180279
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.