The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) reports to the Quality Manager in the Voltage Regulator Quality organization located in Richland, MS. The SQE is accountable for ensuring the integrity of high voltage regulators components through the development and implementation of systems in line with Siemens Quality Management (QM) protocols and objectives. This includes supporting supplier development, performing supplier audits and maintaining the supplier base including support for supplier quality systems, tools and processes to reduce supplier non-conformances.
The position also supports QM-related activities such as non-conformance management, process inspections, root cause analysis, and corrective actions typically fulfilled by a Quality Engineer.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
- Manage the Production Part Approval (PPAP) and Product Specification review (PSR) programs.
- Schedule and conduct supplier audits.
- Perform First Article, incoming and in-process inspections.
- Prepare reports of Supplier Quality issues and performance.
- Issue Quality Alerts/Notifications to suppliers and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Lead root cause investigations (e.g. 8D) and direct Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Develop continuous improvement ideas to improve efficiency and increase productivity.
- Evaluate and disposition non-conforming material.
- Support Purchasing and Finance to recover non-conformance costs from suppliers.
- Prepare and maintain supplier-related quality procedures and/or processes.
- Work as a team member on cross-functional High Impact Project teams.
- Support any other the Quality team activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
3. Basic ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
5. Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
6. Distinguish between red, green and yellow colors.
7. Able to travel domestic and international. Less than 10% travel is typically required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Two years of experience in a Supplier Quality role.
2. Basic knowledge of SAP.
3. Basic understanding of high voltage regulator and/or transformer products.
4. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180288
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.