At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 1.
This Biochemist I position impacts people’s health, and well-being all around the world, while working on the Siemens ADVIA Centaur Systems and Atellica IM Platforms.
- Supports Manufacturing personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms.
- Reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations
- Will focus on manufacturing support for ADVIA Centaur and Atellica IM platforms to ensure we keep quality product on the shelf
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 1, you will be responsible for:
- Participates in and investigates systemic technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- - Help to establish design of experiments and execute for manufacturing support of the Infectious Disease, Oncology, Anemia, Allergy, and Reproductive Product Lines
- -Effectively communicate investigation summaries and provide solutions to work centers across the plant
- - May work in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human
- and animal origin.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience include:
- Proficiency with statistics and Minitab statistics software
- Advanced degree
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 3+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree)
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data.
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written, presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work in a high pace team setting as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
- Led change or development projects to completion.
- Understanding of change control/CAPA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Job ID: 180289
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.