Siemens Industry is looking for a professional buyer (material and inventory planning) for our Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. Our growing facility has over a hundred employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible to ensure material availability for manufacturing to be able to meet customer orders on time in the most cost-effective way to meet our financial targets as well.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Manages MRP via SAP and place/cancel/modify Purchase Orders with internal and external vendors
- Reviews SAP master data including, but not limited to, minimum order quantities, safety stocks, lead times, purchasing info records and provide forecasting as needed, etc.
- Evaluates current supply chain and improves it by working with our corporate resources.
- Analyzes large amount of data to develop sourcing strategies by component and supplier.
- Responsible for meeting the inventory targets, delivery reliability and cost saving initiatives for the site.
- Resolve GRIR (good receipts/invoice receipts) discrepancies.
- Evaluates supplier's performance.
- Works closely with production, planning and customer service to fulfill the customer requirements.
- Participate/implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree.
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
- Ability to maturely handle confidential issues with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Experience on fast paced business.
- Advanced hands on knowledge of SAP, Excel and Microsoft Office.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- APICS CSCP and/or CPIM.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Excel Macros is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure
for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization
and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI
provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single
source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power
generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized
ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while
contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland,
and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180297
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.