Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Development, programming, maintenance, enhancement and evolution of technical software (main users: R&D, Proposal and Engineering) as part of Power and Gas Products R&D for Steam Turbines
· Evaluation, review and usage of specifications and other technical documents, e.g. design philosophy, purchasing specification, working specification, drawings, BOM, check lists, manufacturing data, standard part calculations and component description.
· Identification and definition of specific functional and non-functional requirements for technical software. Requirements engineering needs to be aligned with product and component owners. A good technical understanding of the relevant product portfolio and it's further development is obligatory.
· Rendering of development documentation, comprehensively commented source code and user documentation/manuals for software and tools in responsibility aligned by preparation of user trainings on as-needed basis.
· Consulting of internal customers / user groups in relation to requirement enhancements during development or productive use of specific technical software
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree of mechanical engineering with the focus on turbo machinery or design engineering (Bachelor, Master)
· Good knowledge of steam turbine technology and Siemens Power & Gas product portfolio for industrial application as well as basic physics and process knowledge for improved communication with user groups (R&D, Proposal, Engineering)
· Good knowledge and practical experience in the area of software development (Programming, data handling, testing, maintenance, evolution and documentation)
· Basic or enhanced knowledge of requirements engineering for software development
· English (speaking, reading, writing) for daily use - especially technical content
· Ability to work in global and virtual teams. Flexibility for traveling (e.g. Europe) according to business needs.
· Willingness to share knowledge and experiences with all team members
· High level of creativity and own initiative in relation to support, consulting and solution support with internal customers and user groups
· Knowledge and applied experiences in
o - Fortran programming
o - state-of-the-art programming languages (C++, C#, Python)
o - state-of-the-art development environment (Surround SCM, Visual Studio, Bug tracking and Ticketing tools)
o - Software Development Process (Scrum, Agile)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 180311
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time