If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
The big data engineer implements and maintains the information architecture for the mobility data business based on the end-to-end vision of the data architect.
The big data engineer develops, supervises and maintains data integration processes into the data lake by building data pipelines and using state of the art ETL tools in alignment with business representatives and the business information needs.
The big data engineer executes master data management policies developed by the data architect. He also executes the data quality evaluations and works with business representatives in improving the data quality to the required levels
What are my job responsibilities?
- Responsible for the integration of large, structured and unstructured data volumes into the existing platforms
- Design, build, deploy and manage end-to-end data pipelines for batch and stream processing that can adequately handle the needs of a rapidly growing data-driven company
- Build out scalable and reliable ETL pipelines and processes to ingest data from a large number and variety of data sources
- Execution of further development of the physical implementation of the logical data model into a physical implementation in the data lake
- Implementation of solutions for reference data and master data management within the context of the mobility data business
- Execution of data quality measurements and implementation of data quality improvement activities to the required levels of data quality
- Work across various stakeholders to ensure smooth production deployment of data pipeline and adherence to data governance policies.
- Representation of the Data Architecture team in selected data architecture, data modeling, and metadata management work teams inside Mobility
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to improve data engineering process.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- University degree in an appropriate area (e.g. informatics)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience as a Big Data Engineer
- Experienced with ETL / ELT scripting and applications, preferably using PySpark
- Experience working with Hadoop ecosystems & Spark architecture and building data-intensive applications and pipelines.
- Strong Experience with programming languages in Spark, Python, SQL & Unix shell script
- Experience with modern big data technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Apache Nifi, etc.
- Experience in scheduling tools
- Have passion and enthusiasm to master new technology
- Lateral thinking, passionate, innovative and creative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent in working effectively in a multi-tasking environment, ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Passion for building tools and automating everything
Job ID: 180312
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time