Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for designing of Steam turbine components considering full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost effectiveness, manufacturing ﹠ technology, assembly and service).
- Lead design team and controls output of the associated design team regarding quality, budget and schedule.
- Define scope of work and plan jobs
- Performs studies to insure proper form, fit, and function of parts and/or assemblies
- Ensure quality check of all outputs for you and your project team works.
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Shop /site for evaluation of non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and site issues.
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Proposal team for bidding purposes as and when needed.
- Knowledge of aspects of Mechanical Integrity of steam turbine components
- Knowledge of product development process of a product.
- Knowledge of Quality Management system
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- M.Tech / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience
- 5-8 years’ prior experience in R&D / Engineering as Design Engineer in Steam Turbine industry.
- Sound Technical knowhow of Steam turbine Design and its functionality.
- Knowledge of Design Tools like ProE, AutoCAD , NX and systems like SAP ,Team Center.
- Team player, proactive and able to provide solution within short time with engineering judgment.
- Experience on two domain( Design +Mechanics( Abaqus / Ansys ) would be added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 180316
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time