Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Buyer to join our Global Supply Chain team. Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager and working within the Distributed Generation Services Business Unit as one of our successful Buyers, your role is to deliver key elements of the purchasing process, communicating with key internal customers and coordinating joint activities with external suppliers.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
What support can I expect?
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - As part of the Project Management Team, support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Strategic Sourcing - for your area you will be responsible for the execution of assigned commodity strategy(s) and responsible for the sourcing process and associated tasks
- Supplier Management - Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency and high procurement quality
- Customer Interface - Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement
- Continuous Improvement - Contribute to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
- Negotiations - Prepare and conduct negotiations for medium Purchasing Volumes to obtain highest feasible savings
What you need to make real what matters.
- Experience of procurement functions
- Experience of working with Cross functional teams in an operations and engineering environment
- Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organisational environment
- Good understanding of business strategy and plans to ensure alignment
- Familiarity with Operational Management and Quality Processes
- Good working knowledge of SAP and e-Procurement systems
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and holiday allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you have any questions, just get in touch with our Recruiter- email@example.com
Job ID: 180357
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either