Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Assistant Design Engineer (ADE) for our Rail Electrification business to help drive forward the largest electrification projects in the UK. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will assist with producing designs that safely implement rail traction power distribution projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed, delivering a consistent high quality of design.
Based out of our offices in York you will be working alongside the best in the industry, you will be part of a dynamic team that is redefining what is possible in Railway Electrification.
What support can I expect?
- Full day group workshop session
- Individual coaching sessions
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - Support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Undertake substation designs (switchgear, modular housing, interconnection designs) under the mentorship of a senior designer.
- Undertake other design activities under direction as required to develop broad railway electrical engineering knowledge and capability.
- Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Develop own professional knowledge and competence, maintaining an awareness of developments in the industry and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Provide support and input to Design Engineers on allocated projects.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A relevant Engineering Degree or HND.
- Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
- Interest in railway engineering.
- Innovative, enthusiastic approach to work, ready to learn from and challenge colleagues within a high-performing team of system design experts.
- Excellent mathematical and engineering aptitude. System design demands the ability to visualise and handle complex inter-relationships.
- Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of task, time and people management.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Mobility, we make real what matters. We help millions of people across the world commute, travel and explore the world safely. From making and servicing trains to our traffic management systems we use innovation and technology to help you get to where you need to be safely.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and holiday allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180371
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either