Siemens Government Technologies
(SGT) is a US Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO)
specializing in the delivery of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs)
and other contracts for building automation, HVAC and other energy saving and
The Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) will be the SGT representative at the project site (Fort Wainwright, Alaska) every work day to lead the safety and health program, observe and enforce contract and regulatory requirements, including the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan. The SSHO will interface with the Project Manager on site and with customer representatives and all subcontractor personnel for training and safety assistance.
• Lead training such as Safety and Health Orientation, Hazard Communication and weekly “toolbox” talks for all Siemens and subcontractor personnel.
• Observe, promote and enforce safe practices, Personal Protective Equipment use, Respiratory Protection Program, Lockout/Tagout and other necessary procedures.
• Lead, participate in and document meetings for safety and health planning and action, such as Lockout coordination with the customer and mobile crane lift plans.
• Anticipate, recognize and control occupational health hazards, including heat stress, hazardous materials, and confined space entry.
• Complete and file project safety and health documentation, including daily inspections, hot work permits, new and updated Activity Hazard Analysis, and OSHA 300 forms.
• Take immediate action in case of emergency, such as personal injury. Investigate, report and communicate about injury, vehicle and property damage incidents.
• Associate’s degree plus five years on-the-job safety experience.
• Completion of the OSHA 30 hour outreach course for Construction or General Industry, plus annual refresher training.
• Familiar with US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety Manual requirements.
• Well versed in electrical and arc flash safe practices, NEC and NFPA 70E.
• Familiar with fall prevention and protection requirements, ANSI Z359, including roof work and personal fall arrest systems.
• Experienced working with mobile construction equipment, including cranes, forklifts, scissor lifts and other aerial work platforms.
• Ability to speak clearly in front of groups, to answer questions, and to explain the reasons behind safety rules.
Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain federal government security clearance, if later required.
Job ID: 180450
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.