Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Environment Health and Safety professional.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an EHS professional, your responsibilities will include:
- You will audit, document, and help lead the sites conformance to the Healthineers EHS Management Systems under ISO45001 (for Health & Safety ) and ISO14001 (for Environment).
- You will sustain the EHS Management System and be proficient on IT platforms and tools such as Share-point, Intranets, Documentum, CATSWeb, Cority, Close Call, and Learn4U as examples.
- You will manage EHS Legal compliance processes for the site covering both State and Federal legislation and related Regulatory Agencies such as NJDEP, OSHA and EPA.
- Prepare and deliver in person EHS training courses and packages on priority programs such as electrical safety, contractor safety, manual handling, emergency management, powered industrial truck, confined space, and regulated waste as examples.
- Create, implement, and keep current appropriate local EHS procedures, work instructions and trainings related to the EHS MS and site level operational controls including but not limited to MOC, RMW, CHP, HazCom, Safety and Ergonomic assessments, QEW, and machine shop safety.
- Continuously improve the service supplier EHS program, include training, risk assessments and supplier risk matrix and manage related budget.
- You will work in both site and cross site teams on EHS performance continuous improvement programs and implement best practices where possible.
- You will interface directly with site personnel on many operational EHS programs relating to safety shoes, prescription glasses, regulated waste, emergency management, working at heights, LOTO, confined space and with Facilities, Quality, Training, and Manufacturing depts.
- You will continuously be involved and demonstrate commitment working to integrate EHS deliverables seamlessly into site operations
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have completed studies to a Master’s Degree level in Environment Health & Safety and / or have a Master’s qualification in a related Healthcare / Biotechnology discipline
- You have excellent PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technologies and therefore you are willing to learn about new EHS & IT software applications and our Healthineers products portfolio.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, including short-term assignments, is expected
- Since you are interacting with contractors, visitors, and other customers, excellent interpersonal and verbal skills are necessary.
- You have very good presentation skills for a Manufacturing based environment and you visibly demonstrate team orientation, good communication skills and customer orientation
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ability to understand all aspects of EHS risk as it applies to operating Factories and employees
- Self-manage your work scope and communicate EHS priorities to stakeholders for completion
- Independently complete sustainable solutions on time and to a high standard
- Ability to competently influence and motivate without authority fostering an ownership culture
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 180469
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.