As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the current production as well as new process introduction. The successful candidate will continuously review current manufacturing processes with the intent of advancing current production into a higher volume and yield production environment. This person will collaborate with the engineering team, operations, and employees in all areas of the facility as well as external support to achieve the best results. It is expected that this individual will have the knowledge and experience to identify process improvement opportunities, suggest the appropriate changes, make and document the changes, supervise the implementation, and verify the expected results.
- Assist in the design of new systems and processes and provide facilities & equipment to ensure the cost-effective integration of new approved products or for the improvement of existing ones in production operations
- Ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial process conception to the finished result.
- Support the facility / department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications demanded.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Generating production documentation such as change control, parameter sheets, and training documentation, among others.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions for production equipment.
- Ensure all activities undertaken comply with all relevant business and statutory Health and Safety requirements and to act on and report deficiencies there-in.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or similar
- 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in die casting or molding
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- There could be a limited amount of travel required for this position.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Six Sigma training
- Project management training
- This position may require an export license form the Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. Issuance of any required license is a prerequisite for this position.
Job ID: 180472
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.