Manages and coordinates purchases and deliveries of assigned commodities and/or services. All is managed to our company policies, performance goals and objectives.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in supply chain, business or technical curriculum
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience required (over 4 years preferred)
- Must obtain a C.P.M. within 1-2 years of position effective date
- Strong written and oral communication in English language
- Highly skilled with Microsoft office products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Develop strategies to reduce lead-times and improve cycle-times for your assigned commodities and part families
- Establish working partnership and good relations with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and/or services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management and selling efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
- Process scrap or reworked parts to supplier and follow the required documentation process.
- Follow all purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
- Manager supplier delivery performance of 98% or better on time delivery.
- Manage customer requested delivery performance of 90% or better.
- Proactively prevent and manage defects with each of your suppliers.
- Act as a backup to other buyers that are out of the office.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180482
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.