Service Power & Transmission is seeking a EHS Manager at its Wendell Facility a suburb of Raleigh, NC.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for managing safety OSHA compliance for a new warehouse facility (Spring 2020) where you will implement environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. You will additionally manage our EH&S policies and training for a remote field workforce throughout the contiguous United States. This position will require short term travel to project sites for crew evaluation and training.
You will also serve as a resource to other employees at the location by providing tools to management to maintain a high level of environmental compliance performance; and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors. Additionally, you will conduct JHA’s (Job Hazard Assessments) semi-annually in each area of the operation.
Annually, in coordination with the various Operational Leads, you will conduct an EH&S training and certification for all applicable staff during a safety stand down. The goal of this activity is to Certify all training for Field and or Project personnel is completed and updates to new EH&S policy or procedures is communicated.
-Provide advisory and staff assistance to Siemens management at all levels in matters relating to Environment, Health and Safety.
- Provide assistance and direction to all employees on Environment, Health and Safety matters.
- Keep management informed of the EHS Program progress and any deficiencies.
- Investigate and report occupational injuries, illnesses, and accidents as required by Country specific legislation, Siemens
requirements, and provide management with recommended actions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide safety training guidelines and materials as required to site management and employees.
- Stop any operation deemed unsafe until management can take sufficient corrective action so the operation can be continued safely.
- Review Environment, Health and Safety procedure compliance as part of the annual review process.
- Develop, publish, and maintain the currency of all Local Specific Procedures and HSE Plans required to implement and comply with the Siemens Environment, Health and Safety Policy.
- Author and update the site specific EHS Plan and emergency preparedness plans and cooperate with HSE Specialist / Officer on site
to ensure these documents are available and understood on site.
- Coordinate and collaborate with managers of subcontractors and other participants to ensure that their employees on-site are aware
of their HSE responsibility and have the necessary knowledge and competence to solve the environment, health and safety aspects of
- Point of contact and support to On Site HSE Specialist / Officer coverage for project site operations.
- Develop Risk Assessments / Job Hazard Analysis / detailed Tailboards whenever necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable country and local environment, health and safety standards and regulations and update
company procedures as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-A Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in the area of Health & Safety, Engineering.
-Knowledge of EHS Management Systems (18001 / 14001) or OSHAs Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
-Communication and presentation skills
-Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
-Must be legally eligible for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Project management experience
-Construction EHS experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180495
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.