Siemens Energy Inc’s Solutions organization is looking for an Estimating Professional who will work as a Bid Construction Management Professional to lead the preparation of competitive, innovative and customer orientated Large Power Plant construction installation proposals for Engineering Procure Construct EPC, consortium, and component offers and coordinate discipline-related sources of construction and installation information. This role is located in Orlando Florida.
- Ensure the highest level of quality in construction estimating cost calculations, constructability and quantity analysis, risk assessments, offer descriptions and thoroughly commented customer specifications.
- Present to Segment Management the construction proposal offer, lead the Construction Contractor negotiations and handover of project to the construction execution team after contract award.
- Support the development of disciple-related construction bid packages, bid forms, technical exhibits, and other contractor bid data as required
- Conduct site visits to analyze site conditions, constructability risks, and to determine how subcontractor pricing will be most effective.
- Develop and prepare conceptual construction estimates with minimal subcontractor assistance using preliminary design documents/information/quantities.
- Review constructability with project team and key experts and implements results into construction estimate
- Locate and Develop both domestic and international subcontractor interest in projects and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
- Support construction negotiations with customer, contractors, external consortium partners and Siemens Regional Units (RU) in North and South America.
- Ensure the flow of project bid information is maintained and documented.
- Attend proposal / technical clarifications meetings as a team or on individual basis as required.
- Review basic software generated estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related technical field.
- 10+ years of work experience with Gas Turbine and Steam power projects and in the power energy industry.
- 5+ years of relevant Commercial Construction Estimating experience including conceptual budgeting.
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry practices and procedures.
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality and accuracy.
- Familiar with commercial estimating software such as: iTWO, Timberline/SageCRE, QuickBid, On-Screen Takeoff, etc.
- Experience maintaining professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel.
- A team player that works well with others and can effectively direct and influence others that do not report directly.
- Experience taking total responsibility for work and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability and flexibility to travel 25% domestically and internationally
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree or certifications in construction or project management
- Prior knowledge and experience with Siemens products
- General Contractor's Licenses' in various States desired
- Senior or Chief Estimator for a construction company
Job ID: 180497
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.