SPT Proposal Application Engineer
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
Siemens service organization provides turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment and service for of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to HV Power Transformers, Switchgears, FACTS, HVDC Substations and Offshore Wind.
- Coordinate all proposal activities for Siemens’ STP services, with focus on Power Transformers Services, Turnkey installations across Siemens’ units and external parties;
- Coordinate activities during the preparation of proposal documents which describe the technical, financial, and legal aspects of Siemens’ STP service offerings;
- Develop technical and commercial proposals based on the review and mark-up of customer technical specifications;
- Ensure that all relevant project information, documentation, and communications are handed over to the project execution organization after the contract has been awarded;
- Participate in Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce Platform) and Siemens’ internal Limitation of Authority (LOA) process;
- Participate in STP Lifecycle general marketing activities;
- Participate in the improvement of internal sales tools, processes, and procedures to establish a “best in class” bidding process; provide advanced cost calculations for services in the scope of supply; support Sales Managers during negotiations and clarifications; and ensure compliance with Siemens’ internal Project Management (PM@Siemens) guidelines and protocols.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical role; which may include inside system design, electrical design, commissioning, Substation Maintenance, or installation of HV transformers,
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for equipment such as switchgears and power transformers
- Excellent organizational skills with managing large engineering packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics; AutoCAD experience a plus
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 180544
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.