Reporting to the Operations Manager, this office-based position is responsible for the design of fire and security systems using company tools and operating protocols to support fire alarm and / or security systems design in new and existing facilities.
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk- throughs.
- Designs systems for facilities which, depending on the system type, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Assists with analyzing plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Ensures proper types and sizes of basic products.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in basic commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Assists with peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Assistants, or assumes the duties of Engineering Assistants.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field / equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience designing fire alarm systems
- NICET Level III (minimum) fire systems or time / experience to obtain.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, fire or security system, and business operations preferred.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
- Knowledge of Revit a plus
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit
- Smoke Control Design Experience
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180563
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.