Siemens is seeking a Site Installation Project Manager to join the Siemens Distributed Energy Systems (DES) team. The DES team’s objective is to grow Siemens’ share of the distributed energy market for mid-to-large energy consumers primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, municipal and higher education markets.
The position will provide quality assurance oversight for DES projects installed by Siemens in the US, focusing primarily on technologies such as solar PV, battery storage, microgrid applications, and small power generation systems. The objective of this central function position is to provide local Project Managers oversight and support during the construction and commission phase of DES projects. In addition to providing project level support, the position will develop standardized processes and procedures for DES project installation quality control. Support during the project operations phase, including coordination of service resources, may also be required.
We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering.
Preferred locations include the Northeast and California.
- Maintain effective personal interactions with central team functions, field level operations resources and 3rd party subcontractors
- Track projects as they advance from contract execution to commissioning to ensure that the construction phase optimizes near-term and long-term system performance
- Primary focus will be on system design review, construction quality control, commissioning oversight and transition to Asset Management
- Work closely and collaboratively with local Project Managers to provide highly specialized support
- Develop and institute a standard DES QA process that aligns with the general Siemens QA process, such as developing a pre-inspection QA/QC checklist, and non-conformance reporting process for subcontractors, etc.
- Support pre-inspection, construction redlines, and project milestones
- Support the Asset Management team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or Construction Management)
- Minimum of one of the following:
- 5+ years quality management experience with generation assets
- 5+ years managing commercial and or utility scale solar project installations
- 5+ year relevant and verifiable electrical experience or journeymen certification
- 5+ years providing asset management for commercial or utility scale renewable or thermal generation assets
- Willingness to travel as necessary to support business needs (approximately 25% travel)
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, environments
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
- Able to lead progress against aggressive milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptionally organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
- Proficient in relevant/necessary computer software and platforms
- Maintain valid Driver’s License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the day
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing a solar installation quality assurance program
- Power system commissioning experience
- Solar PV design or PV Electrical experience
- NABCEP Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180573
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.