The Electrical Service Specialist II supports complex installation and checkout of electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality and protective relay maintenance associated with low and medium voltage power distribution systems. This position will primarily support customers in the Pacific Northwest (Northern Idaho & Montana, Seattle & Central Washington) along with some support for the Pacific Coast.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on low and medium voltage power distribution systems and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Supports the completion of service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on electrical systems and components following manufactures recommended tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, verification and startup procedures.
- Participates in final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits time sheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred.
- High level of technical knowledge of electrical & electronic component theory.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret MOP’s, professional and technical documents, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.