Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000
patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An
estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the
areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Project Manager 5 – Capital Imaging Equipment Installations
Job Location: New York, NY
The Solutions Implementation team is responsible for overseeing logistics, planning, delivery and installation activities for imaging equipment across all modalities (i.e. MR, CT, X-Ray) within Siemens Healthineers. This includes planning for Radiographic, Fluoroscopy, Cardiology, Angiography, Computerized Tomography, Magnetic Resonance, Therapy, Nuclear Medicine and PET Systems. The PM 4 role is a Senior Project Management Role reporting to the Zone Sr. Director and is responsible for fostering and maintaining high level relationships in key accounts, and for driving revenue by working with customer stakeholders to develop project pre-construction plans, estimates, and schedules.
Onsite responsibilities include monitoring construction progress, coordinating with stakeholders (facilities, architects,
mechanical, electrical and structural engineers, etc.), solving and coordinating construction issues and managing
delivery and installation activities according to a schedule established mutually with the customer. Maintains full project involvement until completion of all Siemens activities including Applications and follow up Service. Serves as primary point of contact for problem resolution for full duration of the project.
Seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Installation Project Management professional that possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a strong working knowledge of the construction industry. Must be a well-organized problem solver with the ability to work autonomously in a field-basedposition with little direct oversight.
Job specific tasks - Siemens Healthcare Project Manager 5 (not all inclusive):
Oversee multiple projects/organization wide installation programs and provide transparency to the executive management teams at regional Integrated Delivery Networks
- Effectively manage, forecast and drive project revenue within given geography/customer demographic – develop strategic deployment plans for large multi-year structured deals typically spanning over 5 years.
- Lead large, complex, multi-project programs for Key Accounts and Research Facilities.
- Lead multiple projects across large enterprise hospital networks and/or IDNs.
- Effectively communicate at multiple levels up to the C-Level within hospitals of large buying group entities
- Provide dotted-line oversight of other PMs when coordinating multiple projects across large healthcare networks.
- Provide relationship management and status reporting of all projects to the partner’s executive management.
- Manage multiple projects in support of ground-up new hospital or research facilities.
Project Monitoring and coordination
- Develop and implement detailed solutions for complex project challenges by working with advanced stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Attend presale meetings with AEs and support the sales relationship with customers as required
- Visit project sites to secure measurements, produce cost estimates, review quotes and key project success factors such as electrical and construction requirements with customers
- Consult with customers to optimize equipment layouts and clinical workflow to incorporate into drawings and project plans
- Communicate customer specifications to planners to develop preliminary and final drawings site specific CAD drawings
- Communicate project information, status updates, schedule and scope changes to internal and external stakeholders; i.e customer, customer’s architect, engineer, contractor, administration, Siemens Sales and Service partners, etc.
- Assist in development, coordination, and finalization of project schedules for system production, delivery, installation and applications.
- Regularly Communicate project schedule, risks and other pertinent issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform regular site visits and monitor progress of site preparation to ensure that all tasks are being completed on
schedule in order to meet assigned project completion dates that impact Siemens profitability.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate data in the appropriate data systems and Project Management tools
- Coordinate and adjust schedules as necessary to minimize unexpected cost increases, to maintain costs, and/or to
improve overall profitability to Siemens—while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Handle and respond to customer questions, complaints, and problems to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction throughout the project
- maintain mandatory Siemens documentation/forms/checklists required at specific project milestones
- Follow Siemens and customer policies such as safety, regulatory, dress codes/appearance and business conduct
- Follow all Siemens quality control protocols and escalation policies in project communications
- Maintain optimum communication practices—respond to daily telephone, email, and written messages in a timely
- Manage travel and office expenses to control costs. Maintain Siemens assets (telephones, cars, tools, etc) to ensure
longevity and avoid breakdowns
- Attain/Maintain PMP credential as required for position advancement
Support Organizational Excellence:
- Conduct/assist in training of other Project Managers, participate in Advisory Boards, task force activities, special projects,
- Support RFP process for installation related topics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Travel 50%
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of complex project management experience; managing multiple projects simultaneously specific to construction in healthcare environments
- Experience in dealing with executive-level management and clinicians within a diverse customer organization
- Must have ability to read blueprint drawings
- Extensive experience at successfully managing matrix project teams, third party vendors and working within a large
- Knowledge of the construction industry (electrical, plumbing, structural, HVAC)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CAD knowledge
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Siemens capital medical imaging equipment
- Previously or currently licensed tradesman desirable
- PMP Certification desired
Job ID: 180641
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.