Software Engineer Student Internship
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Start Date: January 2020
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
This position is within our DevOps team and reports directly to the Senior Manager of DevOps. The DevOps team focuses on Siemens multidisciplinary design software and is part of Simulation & Test Solutions within Siemens Digital Industries Software. This position will focus on developing tools for use by developers and support staff at Siemens Software Product Development. Internal tools include systems to improve collaboration, optimize performance of automated systems, share artifacts relevant to development, and enhance usefulness of existing systems. This position will ensure that new development services or enhancements to existing services are implemented globally. This includes evaluation of new tools, documentation and training. You will get the opportunity to:
- Work with internal customers to gather requirements and establish verification standards for tool acceptance (Internal customers include quality assurance, production and development personnel)
- Work with senior DevOps members to design, develop and maintain Development tools and services.
- Participate in gathering functional requirements with appropriate stakeholders and apply software design principles to address requirements.
- Respond to requests for user assistance with usage of tools and systems as needed.
- Troubleshoot bugs and service failures.
- Work with appropriate DevOps and IT personnel to solve problems.
- Open help tickets with appropriate vendors as needed. Escalate issues to senior engineers as necessary.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering
- Proficient using Java, Python and C++
- Proficient designing and implementing object-oriented systems
- Experience designing relational and non-relational data structures
- Experience creating and using REST API's
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Comfortable with design as well as implementation
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
Job ID: 180642
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.