- Information Technology Systems Engineer: Coordinates, manages implements and/or performs installation, programming of new equipment, or repairs for Networked Fire alarm, Security and Automation Management Workstations
- Performs semi-complex to complex equipment installation of building management workstations.
- Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
- Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer and workstation for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of graphics.
- Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and that programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: Assists in the support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or Above
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
- Generally, 3-5 years of successful information technology industry experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above or a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unite States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- NICET II
- Knowledge of MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Building Technologies
Job ID: 180649
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.