Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Develop new R&D concepts and schemes based on new ‘design to cost’ ideas. Study and prepare cost optimized auxiliary scope. Conduct internal R&D and external stakeholders reviews to finalize the concepts for their technical and commercial requirements fulfilling.
- Carry out detail Engineering, Planning and Scheduling for below electrical package for power generating station in order to meet performance and contract specification.
- Generator and Excitation system, generator protection and synchronizing
- Protection setting calculation and relay parameterization, CT/VT sizing calculation
- Generator line and neutral cubicle, MV/LV switchgear and Busduct
- Cable and earthing engineering, Battery and UPS system
- Responsible for optimization of electrical systems. Interacting with global R&D experts, other engineering / operations groups, interfaces to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Provide R&D support to engineering and Project Management teams on technical issues, support in cost control. Responsible for global roll-out and sub-supplier qualification.
- Interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
- Review design development packages and explore further need for Cost Optimization across various packages and value engineering.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering Graduate (Electrical) with 5-8 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of industrial steam turbines plant projects. M.Tech. candidates will be preferred.
- Sound technical knowhow of electrical packages for power generating station.
- Conversant with Indian and International codes & standards viz IS, IEC, IEEE, etc. Conversant with guidelines followed in Power plants like CBIP, CEA, etc.
- Experience of execution of projects with oil & gas customers will be an added advantage.
- Well versed with AutoCAD electrical drawings and Microsoft office.
- Attitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 180745
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time