Field Service Engineer Steam Turbines
As a Field Service Engineer you will service the Siemens Steam Turbine Fleet in the Benelux being part of a large international engineering company with factories in Germany, France, Sweden and United States. #FutureMakers #Responsive and #Reliable
“We make real what matters”
Herman Smit is looking for two new Field Service Engineers to fit into his energetic team in Power and Gas. Customers in the Benelux are asking for more local expertise. Quick responses to emergencies and/or scheduled outages are important to grow the service business in the Benelux. Herman has a powerful #growth #acceleration strategy for the next three years.
Siemens Power and Gas supplies products, solutions and services at a global level for electricity generation and the oil & gas industry. Its capabilities encompass gas and steam turbines, generators, compressors, and turnkey solutions. The main customers for Steam Turbine service can be found in the Rotterdam, Antwerp and Geleen area.
In your role as Field Service Engineer you will have 50 direct colleagues in the Benelux and approx. 1400 Field Service technicians in 51 other countries. You will come into contact with Customer Service Managers, Project Managers and other Field Service Engineers. In addition, you will have frequent contact with the Technical Support teams from Siemens factories in Germany, France, Sweden and United States. During a service intervention you will coordinate the mechanics from local subcontractors from the Benelux.
You will be responsible for
• Supervising and executing services on Steam Turbines during outages and Turn Arounds.
• Troubleshoot and suggest improvements to customers in Oil & Gas and Power Generation.
• Assist these customers with your technical expertise.
• Reporting your findings after the service.
Siemens has approx.1500 Rotating Equipment machines in the Benelux of which 800 are Steam Turbines.
“What does this role feel like?”
The planning of a typical service outage for a Steam Turbine starts 6 to 12 months before the actual outage. Parts, repair activities and the Field Service schedules are discussed with the customer. At the start of the actual outage, the Field Service Engineer will get the necessary on-site training and will be introduced to the other Field Service Engineers and Mechanics. Probably many of these, are already known from previous outages. During the four-week outage which follows, many interactions take place with technical experts from customers and the Siemens factory to discuss the findings and a technical way-forward. After the four-week period, a commissioning engineer will assist in the start-up of the Steam Turbine and together you will leave the site of the customer after succesful start-up.
“What do you need to make real what matters?”
• You have at least 5 years experience in Rotating Equipment service, preferably Steam Turbine
• You are able to speak and write fluent Dutch, and are comfortable in English.
• You are willing to work sometimes irregular hours (weekend, night shift) when necessary.
• You are flexible to be on-site in Benelux for a couple of days or a week (during Turn Arounds).
• Good knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-cultural teams
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
• A good salary.
• 27 days' holiday and 13 days "working time reduction" (ADV) days per year.
• You will be part of an international network.
• Continuous development opportunities thanks to our training offer.
• Fitness and seated massage opportunities during or after work.
• Working from home office
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds” – We're looking for you!
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you!
Note: would you like to combine your motivation and your resume into one document? Only one document can be uploaded.
If you have any questions, please contact Herman Smit, tel: 06-558 448 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening and an assessment are part of the application procedure.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Job ID: 180761
Sector: Gas and Power
Bedrijf: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Ervaringsniveau: Experienced Professional
Soort baan: Fulltime