Service Technician - New Construction
This position is entry level for those who like to work and win daily in a Smart Technology Building controls construction environment.
Summary of the position:
- Safely assist with checkout, startup and Commissioning of Siemens DDC control systems
Work well with others; take ownership, team player, think and work on your feet, integrity
Report to Site Engineering Team Leader and take direction from mentor and lead Tech
Assist commissioning new HVAC DDC control systems on construction sites
Document commissioning; communicate deficiencies and progress
Plan work with Mentor, lead Tech and Team Leader
Complete commissioning within planned estimate
Complete all training in a timely manner
Travel 40%; Buffalo NY territory i.e. Erie PA, Rochester NY, Corning NY, Buffalo NY and other territories
Submit accurate time keeping daily, expenses weekly
Work overtime when needed
Change with company direction
Good work ethic
Work safe, drive safe
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma or state-recognized GED required.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) along with user PC/software skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
Understanding of business operations.
Good detailed verbal and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
HVAC/Automation Controls Degree, Tech School or hands on experience in automation building controls
Networking Ethernet skills
PC skills, Windows, office and communication applications
Job ID: 180774
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.