We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
We are seeking a Project Administrator to support our year-round operations at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant. In this role, you will provide support for staff of 5, as well as supporting Siemens project related activities. Projects typically involve ramp up in manpower to approximately 150 personnel and occur on average once every 9 months.
- Coordinate Nuclear access in-processing activities with customer.
- Coordinate training for craft and technicians brought in for project support
- Maintain training database
- Reconcile cost accounting systems and provide reports as required
- Generate billing reports with backup documentation
- Enter timesheets in system and coordinate with Siemens Orlando for craft payroll
- Provide general office/clerical support
- High school diploma supplemented by specialized office management courses or their equivalent. Four (4) years’ experience in office administrative responsibilities, preferably in a power plant or similar working environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of word processing. PC proficiency in Word and Excel. Knowledge of filing and record keeping systems and procedures, business letter and report writing, and telephone techniques. Knowledge of various office management applications preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Accurate typing/word processing abilities, operating information transmission equipment, plus the ability to develop and apply office procedures and, as required, personnel and other company policies.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180803
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.