The Medical Imaging Technology team of Siemens Healthcare Technology Center has an internship opening in Princeton, NJ, with a focus on machine learning and optimization. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research into advanced Siemens products. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. We are located ten minutes from the Princeton University campus, one hour from New York City and Philadelphia.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms for machine learning and Optimization
- Advance the state-of-the-art, including generating patents and top publications
- Work on large-scale, real-world problems, be entrepreneurial in an environment that’s more startup than big company
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Current graduate students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines for research interns. Undergraduate (junior or senior) students will also be considered.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in machine learning and in particular with deep learning, deep reinforcement learning, and in at least one of the following fields: predictive analysis, demand forecasting
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras in addition familiarity with image processing in Python and C++.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in Python. Knowledge of systems for software version control (SVN, Git) and software build (CMake) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Current graduate students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics
- Strong knowledge in deep learning, (deep) reinforcement learning and time series analysis
- Familiarity with Docker
- Hands-on with C++ and Python, with knowledge of GIT version control system
Start Date on November / December 2019. Duration of the internship 6 months.
Job ID: 180819
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.