Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Technical Author within our Service Engineering function and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The role is based in our Warwick office, working with the Technical Data Services Manager, the Technical Author will create, validate and manage technical data to facilitate the operations of Siemens customers and the Siemens overhaul network (both internal and external).
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- In this role you will analyse technical data and recommend support solutions (e.g. S1000D / TAS, Product Lifecycle Management)
- You will create and validate technical data, represent the company and actively participate in a team on and/or off site to achieve deliverables.
- We are looking for someone who will contribute to the development of product data support strategy and provide technical support for customers and the overhaul network
- Maintain and develop relationships with internal customers to assist the achievement of business targets.
- Develop and implement improvements in tools, methods, and processes.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering or Technical Communications discipline preferable.
- You will have the ability to interpret large volumes of complex technical data, and a demonstrated competency in a variety of computer based systems (MS Office, Teamcenter, CAD).
- Knowledge of gas turbines and industrial equipment, project management and overhaul / manufacturing techniques preferable.
- Experience of operating throughout the lifecycle including in-service is advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required (English), and you will be able to interact at all levels, demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter.
- Be a great teammate able to work with minimum direction with a wide range of people (both internal and external to Siemens).
- You will be customer focus and experience in a customer facing environment with a consistent track record of delivering technical solutions and improvements working to processes and procedures.
What we’re looking for in this person:
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and lead the complexities of the grid.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension (up to 10% contribution match). Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare, as well as an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180824
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time