At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist – Chromatography Mfg
This position in the Walpole Chromatography Manufacturing Organization is responsible for supporting the manufacture of immunoassay components used in diagnostic products.
In this position, the selected individual will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain a training program for the work center to promote a standardized work environment
- Train incoming and current technicians on newly updated processes
- Drive delivery of quality products in a timely manner through use of a weekly schedule
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for process steps and GE HealthCare purification platform usage
- Provide GMP witnessing for the work of other team members, including the verification of legible manufacturing entries
- Maintain accurate inventory by completing inventory management transactions in timely manner
- Occasional overtime and/or off-shift work may be required
- Preparation of buffers, chromatography columns, systems and conjugates for use in manufacturing processes as necessary
- Audit completed batch records
- Update common work instructions ranging in complexity to increase usability as needed
- Calibrate and maintain calibration of manufacturing equipment as necessary
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Life Science, Chemistry, or related field of study
· Relevant Chromatography or Leadership Experience: 2 – 3 years
· Strong mathematical skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Legible handwriting
· Ability to manage multiple time dependent parallel operations
Job includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials. The success candidate must pass a DEA background check.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Job ID: 180832
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.