Position Location: Tarrytown or Flanders
Plan, control, conduct, and maintain Serviceability throughout a product's lifecycle. As a member of the CS SLM Applications team you will represent service on multifunctional product and project teams.
• Plan the serviceability of new assay products & applications serviceability for new system products.
• Represent Service on multifunctional product and project teams.
• Provide functional expertise, related to service including application services and service documentation.
• Coordinate creation of global service documentation to ensure technical application readiness for product introduction.
• Lead and participate on Service Element Teams.
• Identify, asses and manage project risks from service and application perspective.
• Lead knowledge transfer activities within service.
• Support review of customer facing documentation.
• Communicate project status and issues to service management.
• Coordinate maintenance of Applications service documentation throughout product lifecycle.
• Track and trend project related and product health service metrics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or higher. Minimum of 10+ years of related technical experience and proven record of accomplishments including a minimum of five years of diagnostic laboratory experience (as a
Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist).
Knowledge of LD Installation/implementation process including customization, method validation, and workflow optimization is required.
Demonstrated leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
A working knowledge of application services and complaint handling process. Experience with clinical laboratory operations and workflow (pre and post analytical) including accreditation and quality assurance, experience with clinical laboratory method validation, data analysis and interpretation. Experience with the operation of Immunoassay systems and related assays.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience with Atellica Solution and prior field experience as a Technical Application Specialist and/or Technical/Clinical Consultant is preferred. Prior experience in regional or headquarter service is also preferred.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.