In this role you will be responsible for executing remote technical service offerings for Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) customers with a strong concentration in supporting Navigator (Siemens’ cloud-based energy and data analytics platform). This includes remote system maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks, small project execution, and basic building automation system trouble shooting. Typical performed functions include configuring the building automation system to send data to Navigator, correcting defects in data collection, investigating faults found by Navigator. You will also be responsible for determining corrective action, taking corrective action, and then verifying proper operation after taking corrective action.
This position remotely supports our customers and will be based out of the Austin, TX branch location. No relocation assistance is provided.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts
- Analyzes the building automation system network configuration, determines best means for collecting data, and configures building automation system to send data for Navigator projects
- Addresses issues with building automation system data for current Navigator customers
- Investigates root causes for faults identified by Navigator, takes corrective action, and verifies the issue has been resolved
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Remote investigation and resolution of customer building automation system issues
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly
- Configures and executes specific analytical and performance reporting
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in building automation system controls and software required
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Strong knowledge of building automation systems, mechanical systems, and building operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Skilled in system commissioning, validation, and diagnostics
- Ability to work alone and collaborate within a team environment when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer facing skills
- 5% travel required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or 1-2 years vocational technical training or equivalent years of industry or military experience highly preferred
- Integration experience with BACnet, Modbus, 3rd party controls, etc.
- Control vendor experience - Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, etc.
- Experience with Siemens PPCL or another vendor programming
- Specialized skill training / certification may be required
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180878
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.