Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment, an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Senior Bid Project Manager to join our project team in Austin, Texas.
Ideally, you will have spent at least 8 years in progressively responsible positions in project controls of ITS infrastructure projects ranging from $100 to over $100 Million. In this role, you will be running bids and proposals from customer’s initial interest to the handover of the awarded project to the execution team. Leading a team of subject matter experts, you will apply your comprehensive project management skills to build winning proposals that exceed customer expectations!
You will manage opportunities from qualification to contract award, including value proposition/strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management. This is a highly networked role that requires your ability to work under pressure, meet challenging deadlines, and apply strong people management and commercial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Traffic, Software or Electrical engineering with related work experience. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 8 years of experience in execution or bid project environments within a corporate context
- Experience in US infrastructure and governmental (RFP, RFI) projects
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems
- Highly structured with attention to detail, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- PMP certification (PMI) preferred
- Support sales and senior management in developing business opportunities and ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Lead virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of partners, typically involving contributions from Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance and Commercial, Legal and Project Management
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Adhere to defined internal and external standards, oversee and coordinate all temporarily assigned project staff
- Manage risk throughout process and arrange post bid reviews with customers
- Contribute to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Establish and maintain key targets and performance indicators to measure and control bid projects and contribute to continuous improvement and knowledge sharing
We are looking for someone who has validated capability in delivering winning, multi-million-dollar project opportunities and who is comfortable working with a wide range of partners. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead complex, multi-workstream opportunities utilizing Siemens detailed knowledge.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180883
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.