Academic Project Manager
The Curriculum Academic Project Manager is a strategic role in Siemens global academic program. Working with strategic stakeholders internally and external, this role leads key areas of enablement for the program, including curriculum and certification, to deliver a shared value to academic institutions, Siemens customers and internal stakeholders.
- Improve penetration of Siemens software across academic institutions.
- Lead an external Curriculum and Certification Advisory Board.
- Align with sales, product and learning/development teams to drive academic requirements.
- Deliver new content and curriculum to academic partners globally.
- Drive certifications for the academic market to include microcredentials.
- Analyze industry needs and competitor offerings to drive differentiation.
- Drive strategies to publish content in external MOOCs for widespread adoption.
- Manage project plans to ensure all materials are delivered on time, in budget and with high quality.
- Effectively manage team members assigned to projects and communicate progress.
- Increase content usage through proactive promotion.
- Assist the team to define, plan, and implement improvements to the program.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience developing and implementing successful programs.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong collaborative problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Team player, able to juggle multiple work streams with matrixed resources and goals in a dynamic, growing company.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Ensures focus on measurable outcomes and value to the business.
- Establish appropriate measurement criteria and report to management quantifiable progress over time.
- Experience working with vendors and subcontractors, including budgeting and purchasing, monitoring and driving to firm schedules and results.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Mechanical, electrical, software engineering knowledge and experience preferred.
- Academic pedagogy and knowledge preferred.
- Experience with learning management platforms desirable.
- Experience working directly with schools and academic leaders desirable.
Job ID: 180898
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.